Monday 18 September 2023

Crazy

Crazy Link to Score

When I first started the blog all of a week or so ago I was not sure why. That is always a dangerous approach. I just had a need to do it. I put it down to having too much time on my hands. At least now I have a good answer. To give my head a bit of piece. Last Friday I posted a piece of music that I felt had a few problems. Why I hear you ask. To which I reply to get rid of the horrid monster. I did not know do with it, but I was sure one off two things could happen.

  • Dump it
  • Add a bit somewhere

I realised that posting the music however unfinished gave me a chance to sit back and look afresh. Imagine my shock when suddenly I felt I could make a decision. So here we are maybe not finished but I could call it a first draft. I am not saying the result it is perfect, but it is in a better place. The act of posting in fact gave me a chance to get it out of my head and take a step back. I do find it hard to keep some sort of perceptive when you create on your own, because the music is always running through your head.

I am convinced that I will come back to the piece again in the future. The thing is by putting it out there I have somewhere to come back to, and after this blog a place to compare the two versions and decide what more I need to change. That could even be a complete re-write. I need na new mantra “I reserve the right to revisit this at any time”

Notes
  • I used Musecore 3 to write it.
  • I used Musecore 4 to finish and get a track to post, Musecore 4 dose not make track as loud, so in future may have to adjust main volume
Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment