Friday 15 September 2023

This Weeks Work


pdf of score

This piece has come to a crossroads and I need to stand back and decide what to do

  • Dump it
  • Needs slow down or breakdown earlier
  • Needs slow down break down now, and then go on

The harmony is Bartok Axis(hence the craziness) C F# C Ab Bb. For places where it needs a turnaround or bridge I have used Neapolitan Harmony

The intro was an attempt to make a texture using random numbers, and a pattern for the cords, hence its rhythmic craziness nature. To me it sang out a melody. I added two other melodies I had (I do not know where they came from). The idea is that it creates a little competition and out of that magic appears. I do not think I have quite concurred that yet. Give it time. The whole thing was put in a Sonata form

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment