Thursday 8 February 2024

The Gnome

Link To Score

It is a lovely sunny day, but before you get up, here’s a thought. Do you know what has been happening in your garden? The Gnomes are already awake and going about their business before they are interrupted by humans. The fact of the matter is that Gnomes do not want us to know they are really alive. Probably frighten of what we would do to them. Humans have a long record of abusing what they do not understand, and don’t forget Gnomes are magical creatures.

I just imagined what it would be like in your garden, if you had gnomes, and how they would go about their day. I imaged how they would wake up. Gnomes sleep standing up, and then as they awoke, just having a sneaky look around the world. Cautiously at first, checking for danger, ie us humans and at the same time taking a moment to admiring the beauty all around us. If it is all clear they begin to move, slowly at first, a little stiff from a night spent perfectly still. As the sun warms up all around, they would take the time to greet their neighbours and be prepared to help any who may need a hand.

I think Gnomes get a bit of bad publicity because they are really friendly. It is us humans who cause all the problems and this quiet race is just trying to co-exist in the mad world we have created, but have failed to nurture for all. If the truth be know I would guess that Gnomes probably don’t like humans, but I also feel they are too dignified to judge us, quite so harshly. They try to see the good in all.

This is one of my older pieces, I wrote it in 2022. In fact it was written on MuseScore and the instruments are all from Garage-Band. Having another listen to the finished product I decided to have another go at the mixing. Basically I used a far wider pan (if that is the right word), so that I think you can hear the bits better. Is this where I have been going wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment